Meet Requirements – all requirements listed in “Scholarships” page must be met in order to begin the application process.
- Submit TOEFL results – the applicant must take the TOEFL test and have the results sent directly to Le Flambeau Foundation Inc. (target score is 75 +) (post January 2011) ORIGINAL results are to be sent from the TOEFL office directly to the Le Flambeau Foundation Inc.
- Interview – the applicant will need to interview with one of the designated Le Flambeau Foundation representatives in Haiti. The Le Flambeau Foundation must have received the TOEFL test results (target score is 75 +) before an interview can be scheduled. To schedule an interview the applicant should send an e-mail to email@example.com requesting the interview. Applicant should make sure that TOEFL test results have been received by the Le Flambeau Foundation and that all requirements listed above have been met, prior to requesting an interview.
- Application – a scholarship application packet will be provided to the applicant upon successful completion of the interview. An essay describing the applicant’s passion for learning and for giving back to Haiti will be a part of the packet. Notarized High School (secondaire – last 4 years) grades transcripts and 3 written references will be needed with the application. Applications must be complete in order to be considered. If you have questions while completing the application we encourage you to contact us early via e-mail – we are happy to respond. Get your applications in early.
- Selection of Scholars – all scholarship recipients are reviewed and selected by an independent scholarship committee.
Next Application Due Date: February 1, 2010 (to Le Flambeau Foundation office in U.S., original documents)
Estimated Response Date: April 2011
School Semester Start Date: August 2011
- Scholarships cover tuition, room & board, and transportation (Haiti/U.S.).
- Selected Scholars are required to make a financial contribution. Amount is based on the type of scholarship earned. Payment is made directly to the school.